Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 9

Today my Mom and I met with her financial planner. When I got to my Mom's there was a note from her friend saying that she was trying to get hold of her but her voice mailbox was full... Yikes, I really need to be able to get hold of my Mom. I went through 20 messages, one from my husband, he had left my Mom this beautiful message when I told him she was diagnosed. I put it on speaker and my Mom and I both started to cry. It was such a good feeling to know he was on our team.
Now the Google doc has contact information for the gardener Brad, AND how to go through my Mom's voice mailbox. Someone will be needing to do that on a regular basis. I'm not sure why though, if my Mom isn't picking up messages... I guess we will find out what she has missed. Big sigh!

After an exhausting, yet productive meeting with the financial planner my Mom and I headed out to this great little Thai restaurant for lunch.
More and more people are finding out. It's so hard and a relief all at the same time. One of the "support" groups called. Did my Mom need help bathing? with her toileting? No? Not yet? Oh God, this isn't gonna pretty, that's for sure. Stay in the moment! Try your best!

Now I've added a new section to our Google doc, not sure what to call it though. Future Care options? STAY IN THE MOMENT!

I need to go bury myself is some bad TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment