Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 5 - really is it only day five?

I haven't talked to my Mom yet today and it's 2:30pm. I will call her after I make this post. One of my Mom's friends has given me the contact information to several of my Mom's friends that are close to her in spirit and location. I've forwarded them my contact information and asked them to let me know if they notice anything that I should know about.

I've contacted a couple of retirement residences so hopefully I can get some information about cost and stuff like that. I always feel better armed with information. Well not always I guess, I wish I was still blissfully unaware of my Mom's diagnosis. I want to start spreading the word to people "don't get your parents tested for Alzheimer's, you don't want to know"
I've contacted the local Alzheimer's group about joining a coffee clutch and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

What the hell else am I supposed to do? Why isn't any of this making me feel anymore powerful in this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment