Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quote of the day! October 20, 2011

“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s learning to dance in the rain.”
- Unknown

Talk about a quote that really speaks to a situation! Yesterday, in a need to get inspired, I went to YouTube and picked a random TedX conference, I think it was the Boston one in September, and just started to listen to what people had to say. AMAZING! This is no time to shrink away. This is the time to step up to the plate and take a swing. One of the speakers was from the Awesome foundation. I'm wondering if there is a way to help patients with Alzheimer's through this foundation. Hmmmm.


I saw my Mom yesterday, we had a great day. It's the first time we've talked at all about her diagnosis. I so want to be able to give her a voice and let her know that she is heard. She is an amazing woman.


I also bumped into to her doctor. I felt a lot better about everything once we had chatted. I think I have anger about this whole situation, and it can be so frustrating. I will have to stay aware of that and keep it in check.







No comments:

Post a Comment